Thanks and welcome
I, on behalf of parentmuse family, welcome, Ritika Pandey, a very sincere and polite student, to the world of parentmuse.... thank you so much Ritika, for joining us 👍👍🙏👍
While traveling on the road, you must have often encountered small children carrying a huge sack like bags on their back and the spinal cord bending down. That is exactly, ladies and gentlemen, the weight of education presently. From the very childhood, it is taught to the child that he had to get best marks in class and get certificates to make his or her parents proud. But, is the education only about getting marks and ranks? No, it is not.
There should be a joy in education. There should be happy in the knowledge that is being obtained. School is not a factory that they will spoon-feed you the syllabus, then you will keep it in your memory and put it in the exam hall. The top engineering, business and research colleges like MIT, and London School of Economics is for the wisest of minds and the very best among the lot. Students face a tough competition to get a seat in these colleges. You always have to go up and make others look down. You have to excel from your parents, peer and even your siblings.
Education is restricted to colleges and schools only. They are feeding the students with the facts and theories from books but not the experiences of life. Remembering the formulas and facts and figures shouldn’t be the prime focus, instead, the focus should be knowing about their significance. Moreover, due to the pressure of homeworks and assignments, there remains no time for self-education. When there is no self-education, then there is also no overall growth of a child. They are not getting time to retrospect or ponder about what they have been taught in class, but simply reproducing the same thing. Also, too much exposure to technology in the education system is not an appropriate thing. In some cases, you need to demonstrate certain things in class through videos and stuff. But too much of this will take away the will of reading books by a child.
Nowadays, there is a peculiar education system where there is no reward for creativity, original thinking, research and innovation but only the highest academic accolades. Risk taking is never an option. You just read paper after paper of tuition notes and prepare yourself for exams. The worst part in the current education system is that the arts and literature has a very low weightage in front of the Scientific studies. Only science and engineer have values. In order to get yourself a proper education, you need to follow your heart in the quest for a proper education., and the system should promote that too.
It's true that parents are the children’s best guide. They try to do every possible thing to make their child’s life stable and secured. However, there are variations of thoughts about how parents think to develop their child life and how the child is working on that. According to a survey, 52% of parents ranked their child’s progress as their major concern while 50% of them were concerned about bullying and sadness at schools. As per present scenario, parents are much more concerned about the school performance, behavior of the children and their relationship with their peers. They are getting anxious and curious and do everything to help the child.
Every parent wants their child to win every race in his life. It is a transparent fact that parents want their child to acquire adequate progress. But, it's not the same how the child is taking his parents' concern. Due to a certain generation gap, there are variations in thoughts and decision. Nowadays, parents are also getting concerned about this fact. They are improving the parent-child relationship by increasing communication and checking their updates regularly. Many parents even take an expert’s advice to improve the quality of communication and to connect with their children. They are getting much concerned about academics of the child along with the extracurricular activities.
From the very initial time of school, parents start thinking about their child’s growth and development. They try everything to help their child to gain adequate progress. They make their own set of data and ways to improve the child’s development. They are not only concerned about building a child’s future in education, but they also put efforts to improve the social behavior of the child.
Here are some factors that describe parents point of view regarding their child’s studies.
- Appointment of home tutors: Parents are becoming so restless nowadays that they appoint tutors even from the Montessori to deliver the best education as they can. They want their child to be effective enough since childhood and they choose tuitions as the best alternative.
- School diaries and Homework: Parents are also taking care of school diaries of their child. They think regular checking can enable them to know child development properly. They also compare their child’s progress to other children.
- Social media and the Internet: According to parents of teenagers, social media and Internet exposure to a child is a major concern. They think these platforms are diverting them and they can do better in their academics only if they do not use such tools for long hours.
- Observing their child: Also, they observe their child activities through house party, meeting the child’s friends, parents – teacher meeting, regulating their behavior, etc.
These things are conflicting, but yes, helpful for children too.
The relationships and friendships that make a wall of trust and sense of security between you and your siblings is very important in terms of maintaining a healthy bond with your sister or brother. Although this relationship is always a friendly one during adulthood, however, the adolescent relationship is usually hostile. The birth order of siblings mainly causes rivalry between them. For example, your brother is the youngest child and you are the older one, younger siblings usually will create and initiate jealousy for the older sibling. Or maybe the older sister will become distrustful and disloyal towards the younger sibling because the parent will more likely pay attention to the younger one of the two. Insensitivity is the trigger that tries to separate siblings from one another.
Parents need to teach their children to love their siblings and create friendliness and a protective environment for them.
Why siblings are the best!
To be honest, whenever some child at school would try to bully me, my sister/brother would be behind them holding a raging smile. She/he would then threaten them out of the way and would pull me away. So here are some of the reasons that why siblings are important and why they are not less than our superheroes!
- They ALWAYS have YOUR back; Even though you would wrestle till midnight and say mean things to each other, it is all in good fun. However, if someone else ever picks on you, then your sibling proves that, ‘they just messed with the wrong family’.
- Siblings always listen; In all the situations, they know how to keep a secret.
- Siblings love your craziness; there is only one person who does not look at you weirdly when you try to do a handstand against the mirror, which is your sibling.
Siblings are yet one of the best blessings one can have. They teach you how to be confident and develop a sense of security within yourself.
Digital learning platforms (fully stacked with student’s coursework books – eLearning and e-books etc.) available with an easy access for students, are all due to the advancement of technology. Hence, the importance and rapidly evolving advancements of technology cannot be summarized in one article.
Technology has played a major role in reshaping the education sector. Numerous schools have shifted from basic coursework books to digital screens (desktops, iPad, and laptop). This technological advancement has allowed the students to explore and research useful data in a more open environment. They can access hundreds of eLearning platforms apart from their regular coursework books and notes.
Technology in Education
Technology and education sector work well if combined together. It ensures faster growth in student’s learning capabilities, and encourage students to perform research while completing their day-to-day assignments. Students can access useful data at any time when connected digitally with search engine platforms and digital libraries. This can help students in learning new aspects related to their coursework. Practical implementation is crucially important for children, as what they learn during their childhood holds the most powerful impact. Considering the rapid increase in technology schools and parents can work together to provide a single digital learning platform for students.
Educational technology is a new term of today’s era that clearly explains the bond of technology and education along with its impactful results on students. The question comes to the mind that what exactly is “Education Technology”? It is basically the study and moral practice in regards to encouraging learning and enhancing education execution by making, utilizing, and overseeing proper mechanical procedures and assets of technology.
It is time to invest in this technology and encourage students on investing their time in utilizing educational technology, to build-up their curiosity and grow in a potential way.
For every child, his or her parent is the best parent in the world. To achieve that title, every parent must work hard in bringing up their children. But parenting is not a difficult task. Every parent has his view and own rules behind the growing up of their child. But any trait that may seem like a good trait to you might not be the same for someone else. It is essential to bring up the child in an environment of education and culture, that contributes to a well-bringing-up of your child. However, over various research conducted some common traits have been identified, which overall makes you earn the title of Best parent
- Be a guide and mentor to your child. It is the basic thing of good parenting. Don't push, demand, blackmail or torture them. Always remember that during the time of growing up, a child will always look up to you to show them the correct path and seek advice from you to be successful. But if they see that you are not being open about it and becoming too nagging about the same, they will gradually start to disobey you while choosing their path in life without your consultation.
- Be a friend of your child. He will gradually see and learn about the education and culture world from the child phase to an adolescent. He or she will have many questions to ask and many secrets to keep. From childhood, try to gain the trust of your kid so that they can rely on you and can open up to you. It is not necessary for both of the parents will be a friend of the child. So let the child decide with whom he or she is comfortable with.
- Give certain independence to your child as is suited to their age. Every aspect of a child’s life, whether it’s homework, making friends or household chores, try to give them a particular space. Do Not interfere much unless you feel things are not taking a proper turn. Tell them what is right and wrong and then let them make the final decision. In this way, their decision-making characteristic will also be improved.
- Respect them, as it will help them learn to respect you and others. It is considered a sign of good parenting. Say sorry if it's your fault and own up to it. So that, they will understand that forgiveness and apologizing has no age bar. Learn from your mistakes, because as a parent, it's okay if you commit a mistake and get the learning out of it.
Parenting is a huge responsibility and being a friendly parent is even more difficult. However, maintaining friendly relations with your child is extremely important otherwise, he or she will start hiding things from you which can get him/her into trouble. Education and play go hand in hand, and if you can maintain both of them, you can easily make education and fun simpler for them.
Here are five tips which will help you to turn yourself into our friendly parent:
- Praise them often: Try to praise your children for every achievement they get as they will build up a feeling that you are happy with them. This will also help them to share more things with you because you have appreciated them for all the good things done by them.
- Understand their point of view: There is always a generation gap between parents and their children, which is the most common reason for fights between them. Whenever there is a conversation, try to understand their point of view and look at the situation from their vision also. This will also help you to understand them properly.
- Try to solve all your grudges with them: Keeping grudges inside you can spoil the relationships to a great extent. Therefore, it is best to solve any grudges remaining after a small argument so that both of you have a clarity of each other’s point.
- Be friendly with their friends: When we are in the age of adolescence, our friends matter most to us. Therefore, it is important to have friendly relations with the friends of your child. In this way, your child will realize that his or her parents like the choices made by him or her. This will also help you to know the kind of company in which your child spends time.
- Solve their issues with their friends: Every relationship calls for some fight and arguments, but that doesn't mean it is the end of that relationship. Try to solve your child fight with their friends, and if you successfully do that, then your child will love you for the same.
If you follow all the steps regularly, then we are sure that soon your children will start having a friendly relationship with you which will, in turn, strengthen the bond between you and your children. Thus, you become a friendly parent.
There are a lot of things that can trouble your child at school such as bullying, school environment, and emotional abuse, etc. A regular child-parent talk is important to understand your child’s concerns and issues. We teach our children about all the possible ways to keep themselves safe but sometimes we fail to understand what they are actually going through. To fully understand the factors that might be disturbing your child is to talk and discuss. You cannot expect the children to open up in the first go, as parents you would have to develop a bond that is more friendship oriented in order to discuss your child’s concerns and troubles.
1. Sexual Abuse
One of the most disturbing things that children face is sexual abuse. Most of the times it is either from seniors or from some school employee. Children experiencing such sexual abuse feel insecure and scared. If you feel that your child is becoming quiet or losing appetite or make excuses for not going to school, then it’s time to take this matter seriously. Talk to your children and try to figure out what’s troubling them. Don’t let them suffer, try to gain their confidence and assure them that no one can hurt them further if they speak out their fears.
Bullying is yet another major concern which can become a troubling issue for most children. Seniors make fun of newcomers as part of their fun activity, even classmates bully fellow students and make them feel low and annoy children. Having a safe school environment is crucially important for child’s peace of mind along with emotional and personal growth.
3. Trouble in doing Homework
Homework is and will always be that one concern for children and for parents as well after bullying. It is literally like a tug of war for children – teachers – parents and one needs to do it right. Students may feel clueless while doing homework and may not reach out to parents. It is the duty of all parents to ensure that their children are doing well in studies and nothing is troubling them. For your child’s sanity, it is significant for parents to help their children in doing homework.